Selling, giving, or lending

An individual can lend a prohibited firearm to anyone with a valid PAL which authorizes them to possess that particular category of prohibited firearm. If they lend the prohibited firearm, they must lend the registration certificate as well.

They may sell or give a prohibited firearm only to someone with a PAL valid for that category of firearm. When the prohibited firearm changes owners, it must be registered to the new owner. This can be done by calling the CFP or by submitting form RCMP 5492.